Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thing 3: Planning


I will try to post one page of my storyboard at the end of this post (but you can see that even though I tried to do it at the end - the image jumped to the beginning - ah, blogger, will I ever really figure you out?). I actually did the storyboard and planning yesterday and was so tired of the whole thing by the time I finished that the thought of scanning a page and posting it just disgusted me so I left the activity until today. I need to remember that feeling of "yuck" so I make sure the students don't feel it. I guess I worked for too long at a time without any breaks and it left me CRANKY. Then last night at the Astro's game well... I am still a little cranky today but here goes!

I looked at a number of storyboards and decided to use the digital storyboard designed by Jason Ohler (www.jasonohler.com/storytelling). I printed it out and wrote on it because I like the organic feel of working with a pencil with a sharp point and doodling when I am thinking, drawing arrows, making notes of information I still need to find - the whole bit. Some students might like a printed out version and some might rather use a storyboard on the computer. I have the feeling that they will still view it as they do a rough draft which is...but why???? (Even though we all know rough drafts make better finished product).

The benefits for me using a storyboard and for them using a storyboard are many. It organizes one's product. I could clearly see the information that I am missing and still needed to locate. My script is almost totally written and all the images are neatly gathered in a folder on my desktop. As I was creating the storyboard yesterday I had a couple of good ideas because it made me think about my audience as well as each piece of what I am trying to create.

I think I will take another break before I create my iMovie!

1 comment:

  1. all images go to the top in blogger. On the PC, I can get handles and drag it down where I want it (most of the time.)
    On the MAC...welllll that is another story. I have not found the magic mojo to move things down.
    Means most of the time if my images are at the top of my blog posts..you guessed it I did them on the Mac!!

    ReplyDelete