Sunday, July 18, 2010

Bringing It All Together

After 2 previous summers of exploring a variety of technology tools, it is good to bring it all together to create a learning experience for students and teachers to follow.

I am still thinking about what topic my project should embrace, but after thinking about it for over half of the summer (I read the assignment in early June but just have found other things that "need" to be done!), I really feel I must just jump in with something or it will never be finished and hopefully I can later adapt these steps to fit other topics of study. With that in mind, I think this project will focus on creating a iMovie about a city in another country. This is similar to an assignment the 5th graders do at the end of the school year so perhaps they can use these steps next year and create a product other than a poster.

There are many TEKS/TAKS that this topic would cover. Most would be in the area of Language Arts and Social Studies. As I get into this project, I will try to list the various TEKS/TAKS for future use.

Presenting the topic and having the students create a product in a technology influenced manner will be exciting for some students because it is new and they already spend so much time on the computer/internet and it will be different. For some students who are terribly successful with assignments in their current form, they might not feel so excited by the change and will have to rethink how a project is completed learning new things - even some kids don't like change! Overall, I believe students will enjoy learning through technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment