Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflection and Evaluation

As I worked through the steps of 5 3/4 things, I realized that I have probably left some steps out when teaching researching. For example... evaluating websites. I know that is important but I usually limit the sites I expect the kids to go to so I have already done the evaluation part but I should take the time to teach at least some part of evaluating websites because I won't always be leading them through the research project.

I don't really know quite how I will use this series of blog posts except as an example of the process one can go through to break down a large project into manageable steps that can each be evaluated. From this experience I have started a wiki that I will use with teachers and students. I have begun this wiki, but am not near finished. This is the biggest thing that has grown from this experience.

http://bulldogsresearch.pbworks.com/FrontPage

This version of "23 Things" was more sequential with an end product in mind from the beginning. The other versions of "23 Things" were more experiential. I think both types of learning experiences are valid and I imagine that some people prefer one type over the other. I personally enjoyed both of the learning experiences. This one felt a little more limiting and as I was thinking about how to adapt it to use it with others that is where I landed on the idea of a wiki. Always some more to learn! :)

1 comment:

  1. I viewed your project on YouTube. I liked it a lot and thought you did a nice job. I enjoyed your music and narration. Mine was very boring, but yours was exciting to listen to. I learned a lot.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete